Jump to content

Please Register To See More Content! 

Christoffer

Mammoth Edition
  • Content count

    123
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    12
49/50

4 Followers

About Christoffer

  • Rank
    Neanderthal

Profile

  • Gender
    Male
  • Steam Name
    xxchrille97xx
  • Location
    Sweden, LULEÅ

Recent Profile Visitors

3414 profile views
  1. I agree, however we don’t use techologies to unlock buildings/structures as it is right now. But ye, I understand what you mean and hoppfully (in the end) we can get away from that. I don’t know what the solution would be though. One option is to leave it like it is right now. Meaning we can build everything without researching technologies. I think concrete ideas on how to get away from just researching a technology to unlock a building is needed. atleast Nuggets should not take action and build by themselves. Cause you know, that would leave little left for us to do if they could do everything by themselves.
  2. Okey, so we have tutorial in the game right now. But I feel it could be improved to make it easier and for people to get a better understanding of the game. Right now it feels like you need to read lots of text or test yourself forward. My idea is based on having like a guide tour through the tutorial. Firstly, maybe the game could recognize if you're new to the game or not. If you are it would bring up the question about tutorial. This way you won't get the question every single time. Tutorial should be optional though, so nothing is saying that you have to do it. Anyway, about the guide tour. The idea is that after you've accepted the tutorial the game will pause shortly and give you short information about epicenter/evolution tower. When you clicked away the short information the game will continue on as normal until you placed the epicenter/evolution center. After that maybe it will pause again and give you some short information about nuggets and technologies (basically things you can do with the epicenter/evolution tower, or things it will affect in the game). Then game continues after you clicked away the short information away. After that it might stop at stone huts and give short info as well (unless it already been given when short info about nuggets). This way it should continue and go through every button and menu so you know where to find stuff and how to different things, like for example how to use god powers and where to find them (Every building should not be involved, thats not the idea, they have info if you move the cursor over them). When showing different buttons and menus to give information, you could either them highlighted, everything else grey or make rings around them with short information directly, or by forcing people to actually press them and look whats hide beneath. About the short information, it doesn't have to be more like for example; "Evolution Center is your main building. From here you can research different technologies to advance through the ages." or "God powers use CPP and can be used to both build up and tear down." This way you will be guided through the tutorial and read at the same time. It won't be the same thing as if someone put a bunch of text infront of you and when you read it all thats it. This way you will actually follow the tutorial which makes it easier to learn, since you both read about it and you see how (the point is you use more then 1 sense this way).
  3. flying nuggets

    Only seen students flying around on their wooden sticks they have in school, they are crazy. Eventually one of them felt like landing and his wooden club (or whatever it is) disappears. When he was on the ground he wanted to enter a bunker even though the alarm wasn't on. But his desire to enter the bunker disappeared shortly after landing.
  4. Issues with upgrades

    Also noticed this. After a while everything gets kinda messy cause you cannot upgrade to get more space in certain buildings and therefore have to build more instead. Also, water pump gets invisible after being upgraded. Still provide the water it should.
  5. Simple ideas to make personalities and traits more interesting with different buffs. Also, maybe add so you can see their traits in "population log" so it gets easier to spot different personalities. Since Nuggets have traits that will be genetic in some way, maybe play around a little more with those different types of personalities a nugget can have? Even types of nuggets! This way the game will get more interesting and you won't mind spending time watching your nuggets roam around doing different things (like destroying each others or helping out), some would perhaps do everything else but work. Will you be able to control them or will they go rogue? Lets find out! NUGGET TYPES: Percentage would perhaps only be over a period of every 10 years. Since nugget become around 40-60 years. EVIL Nugget: Walks around doing evil nugget laughs while sabotaging for others, trying to burn down stone huts, plundering the cemetery and trying to scare nuggets to death. Ye, even stealing from others. Penalty on working speed, and rather run around sabotage or being mean towards others then work. If he works make sure everything works properly when he is done, someone could get hurt. APPEAR CONDITION; (%?) Slight chance a nugget develops EVIL trait. (%?) Slight chance nuggets get EVIL trait from birth. 30% Chance "HAPPY Nugget" turns EVIL if someone close to the nugget dies tragically. Punish (Jail/Rehabilitation); • 25% Chance the nugget normal. • 25% Chance the nugget turns criminal. Criminals doesn't work at all and only use their energy for evil. Criminals can both act as EVIL and PYROMANIC nuggets. • 50% Chance nothing happens. NEGATIVE BUFFS; -10% Working speed. +10% Chance to ignore work. • 60% Chance to scare nugget. • 25% Chance of stealing. • 10% Chance of sabotage which would give the affected nugget a 90% chance of injury, 10% chance of death. • 5% Chance to poison food at eatry. +5% Chance of sabotaging at work. • 50% Chance next nugget who visits will be injured. • 50% Chance nothing happens. DEPRESSED Nugget: Running around being depressed, which also comes with a penalty to movement and working speed. Will also most likely die earlier then the normal nugget. Occasionally walks to the cemetery just idling and doing nothing. Structures that usually make nuggets happy won't have any affect on this type of nugget. Although he might be happy if he can help others through their depression, therefore he will work better at the cemetery then other nuggets. After a while working at a cemetery have a chance of returning into a neutral nugget, the one type the nugget had before or turn into a happy nugget. This type of nugget have a really low chance of appearing naturally and almost always only appear after a nugget lost someone in a tragic way, through death or a tragic breakup (a tragedy, as simple as that). Appear Condition; 10% Chance nugget turn DEPRESSED after tragedy. 30% Chance "HAPPY Nugget" turns DEPRESSED if someone close to the nugget dies tragically. Negative Buffs; 20% Chance doing nothing. -30% Shorter life. -20% Working speed. -20% Movement speed. Postive Buffs; +50% Movement/working speed on cemetery • Ignores working and movement speed penalty completely. • 50% Chance nugget no longer have DEPRESSED trait after 15 years at cemetery duty. Nugget not directly affected by local business. • 25% Chance of returning to normal after visiting local business. HAPPY Nugget: Running around jumping all the time. Have an increased lifespan due to being happy and positive all the time (which is proven to have a good effect upon your life). Increased working speed and completes tasks faster due to his positive attitude. Appear Condition; (%?) Slight chance nugget get HAPPY trait from birth. 10% Chance nugget turn HAPPY after visiting local business. Negative Buffs; 30% Chance to turn into a DEPRESSED or EVIL nugget if someone close to the nugget dies tragically. Postive Buffs; +30% Longer life. +20% Working speed. +5% Chance to inspire another nugget. • +10% Working speed. • +10% Movement speed. PYROMANIAC Nugget: Just like it sounds. A nugget who tends to have a little to much fun with fire. Keep fire away from this nugget at all time (DO YOUR BEST) or he might burn himself into ash, and in worst case take an entire forest with him. Appear Condition; (%?) Slight chance a nugget develops PYROMANIAC trait. Negative Buffs; -20% Working speed anywhere where fire is involved. 5% Chance of putting something on fire. •Increase by 20% if working at a place where fire is involved. Postive Buffs; +20% Gathering resource speed (Only as laborer). BELIEVER Nugget: Sometimes at random sit down and pray to the lord! (which is you! be happy!) Nothing much, but still something. Might give you a bonus to your CPP while doing his thing. Appear Condition; 10% Chance Completing a quest will turn the nugget into a Believer. Negative Buffs; 100% Chance he will turn Corrupted and start turning nuggets into nonbelievers if you hurt the nugget in any way. Declining Quests doesn't affect this. Postive Buffs; CPP Bonus while praying. Nugget Specific; Preach; +20% Chance to Inspire another nugget. • Giving a 10% bonus to working speed. • Giving a 10% bonus to movement speed. NONBELIEVER Nugget: Nonbelievers are fearsome nuggets aiming to destroy everything you built. Trying to turn your own people against you. If you don't deal with those nuggets quickly you might end up with nuggets rebelling and ignoring your commands. Eventually they might leave your city to build their own city. Luckily for you it will be hard for them to convert nuggets at first, but the more the merrier! Appear Condition; Can only appear through a Believer nugget getting hurt by you. Negative Buffs; Will not work at all and instead go around predicting for nuggets spreading rumors about how false you are. Nugget is Immune to god powers that can directly kill him (Not Immune to Disasters). Postive Buffs; Time will heal; 10% Chance the nugget will turn normal (Wont turn back into a believer). • 20% Chance Act of good will turn the nugget normal (Wont turn back into a believer). Nugget Specific; Preach; • 2% Chance to Convince Nugget. • +2% For each convinced nugget. • Convinced nuggets no longer follow you and ignores your actions. • Convinced nuggets will not try to convince other nuggets. • Completing quest will release 1 nugget from the influence of the Nonbeliever. ADVENTURE Nugget: Enjoying life and occasionally you might see this nugget climb trees, mountains or perhaps stealing a fishing boat to go on some adventures. This nugget will work as an adventurer or a laborer. He might sometimes get back with special rewards(?). Appear Condition; (%?) Slight chance a nugget develops ADVENTURE trait. (%?) Slight chance nuggets get ADVENTURE trait from birth. Negative Buffs; Cannot take a work and will stay laborer. Postive Buffs; Chance of bringing gifts from adventures +20% Chance to Inspire another nugget. • -50% Chance to Inspire a nugget to take skip work. • +50% Chance to Inspire a nugget to work faster/harder. HELPER Nugget: Occasionally starts following other nuggets helping them and giving them a buff which makes them doing things at double speed. When it comes to gather things they could gather twice the amount with the help of the helper nugget. He/she cannot work somewhere alone. Needs at least someone else at the same work/occupation or you could leave him/her as a labor and he/she will walk around helping at random. Appear Condition; (%?) Slight chance a nugget develops HELPER trait. (%?) Slight chance nuggets get HELPER trait from birth. Negative Buffs; Cannot work somewhere alone. If the nugget works alone the nugget would act as a normal nugget (Which means no bonus). Postive Buffs; +20% Chance of Helping another nugget. • ONLY 10% if the nugget have an occupation. • +100% Working Speed (Double Speed). • +100% Carry Amount (Double Amount). PERSONALITIES BOUND TO OCCUPATION/WORK: Simply to make nuggets more interesting and give a realistic feeling. However it might be useless, since mostly the nuggets either work or try to survive. But maybe for a later era when things get more smart (automatic stuff that doesn't need nuggets?), and nuggets perhaps have more free time? Who knows. TEACHER: Reading books if he/she have nothing else to do. Perhaps reading while walking around doing other things. WITCHDOCTOR: Playing with a scary creepy Voodoo doll. Be aware! Keep your distance from this maniac! STUDENT/KID Nugget: Kids and students shouldn’t be at school at all times, perhaps sometimes even skip school? Maybe build some snowmen during winter and play around among leafs and do things that kids do (basically all kid/student nuggets). Kids are more likely to develop traits like their parents genetically or through copying their parents. Please feel free to add your own ideas!
  6. The Universim Community Labs - Mission #7

    As @ArmchairGravy stated, buttons for "Grow population" and "Maintain Population" could be ideal to prevent nuggets from procreating. Otherwise it might be a bit tricky. I've tried to throw around a few ideas of how to manage the population growth, but in the long run it really won't be that easy. Here are a few factors that could alter the population growth: Limited Age from when they can start to procreate (give birth) and when they are to old. Can only give birth a couple of times. Sterile Nuggets (Bad genetics?). Nuggets die off from age (40?). Sad but true. Child and/or mother might die in birth. Death to Injury. Death to Disease (Including those who doesn't come from dead bodies). Death due to Disaster. Sudden Death/Shorter Lifespan (Bad genetics?) With this in mind, shouldn't it be possible to use a percentage increase in population growth? I mean, after your village grow up to become a city you would start to create more cities. At this point, wouldn't you want your population to grow slightly quicker without having to care that much anymore (You still have to care obviously, but perhaps not about every single newborn nugget). Like your cities become smarter and you don't have to manage every single thing in a city? (Or maybe you just get a better way of managing it?) Since when the cities grow up you will have to deal with more problems as disasters and such, which maybe in the long run will even out the increase in population along with disease and other problems (The more nuggets on a smaller area, the more problems)? All of this is of course hypothetical. I'm aware that an increase in percentage will lead to quick reproduction at a later stage. I'm just trying to point out that you could adjust that by adding minor factors that would even it out. Some that wouldn't occur until you have a large population. Like I said, more nuggets on a smaller area will lead to more problems like disease and stuff. Alternatively use the equation for population growth, or have a set number that would change due to different eras or with technologies like "Divine Punishment" that will increase the possibility that nuggets have twins. Or once again, as stated above by @ArmchairGravy you could use a simple solution as 2 different buttons.
  7. Next Era ?

    Everything didn't develop at the same time everywhere, so some eras might differ from place to place. I think thats one of the main reasons to keep it simple and not try to add in all eras we can find a name on. I think the Medieval Ages actually came after the Iron Age. Iron Age: 1200 BC to approximately 600 BC (depending on region) Medieval Age: 5th to 15th century I'm not an expert at this, but I think it would look something like this: Stone Age --- Bronze Age --- Iron Age --- Medieval Age --- Modern Era --- Space Era Of course you could also throw in stuff like for example "Colonialism" or "Age of Revolution" (which contains the industrial revolution among other things). But I suppose it's for the best to keep things simple since the different eras differ a lot from different regions around the globe, in both when it occurred and if it occurred at all.
  8. If you haven't got an answer yet, try to get a support ticket: https://crytivogames.freshdesk.com/support/solutions
  9. Era specific wildlife

    Not to be that kind of person, but right now we have animals that doesn't exist, and maybe continue on that road to make everything more interesting (meaning make animals with a bit of imagination). Also, having wildlife limited to eras doesn't seem like the best idea, since it decides how the game will continue over the ages without me, as a god, having anything to say about it. I think the game should be more freely so you can manage it and decide in which direction you want it to go.
  10. Some things I would like to see in the game

    Remember that it would cost CPP. If your nuggets can, why shouldn't you? The almighty god? I'm guessing it's only a question of balance it out so it doesn't make it to easy to get food for your nuggets (So you could potentially skip having fishing huts, farms (and hunters)). Maybe at an early stage you get CPP at a lower rate compared to later on in game, so maybe late it would be easier for you to give your nuggets food. Although it might not be so useful late as at an earlier stage (due to technology later on which might make it easier to gather food for your nuggets). Just a suggestion.
  11. Events?

    Hey! I was wondering if we would see any more forum events? Like before we had a "scary story" for halloween and the "X-mas tree" for Christmas. Simply cause it's fun, not that it's a need in any way. However I think it would be appreciated by forum members.
  12. New update^^

    Not sure if most have seen this (or if it's posted somewhere else that I've missed). But on Universims Twitter "https://twitter.com/TheUniversim" they've informed that the september update will be available a little later. Here is a picture http://imgur.com/qS8FASu But don't be sad! Better let them leave us something good instead of something rushed just cause "we are suppose to have it". Be patient!
  13. New update^^

    1st of the month or 2nd depending on where you live. If you're from Europe (which you are right?) you might get it 2nd due to timezones. The reason is that they release before midnight PST (use timezone program to count out how many hours it's from your location). But of course they can release it earlier or later depending on the situation.
  14. V17 - Graveyard & Repair

    When it's ready I assume. I think earliest would be 2nd september.
  15. Summer is soon coming to an end. With it Autumn is opening up it's glorious colorful arms, while waiting for the cold dark Winter to strike. But don't be depressed! It's said that people "don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy!" - Cheers to that!!!

×