Please Register To See More Content! 

Bayalay

Monolith

Monolith

This is something i would like to see implemented into the game. the Monolith.

The Monolith will have two purposes which I will cover as I go.

The monolith will start off small (a little smaller than a nugget) but as the population grows and their belief in their god grows along with them, so too will the monolith, bigger and bigger to the size of a skyscraper.

As the world gets older and the culture evolves from simple cave nuggets to space pioneers the monolith will also show how their planet is doing. whether it be as smooth and shiny as black marble, chipped with cracks running through it or completely broken and collapsed in on its self. As your planet evolves the monolith will reflect this.

Now let us move to the research window. What if the nuggets, through the research tree, could learn what the monolith means and act in accordance with it? If they see cracks and chips they then know that there is a problem and can make a move to fix their world. It crumbles? it's already too late.

Just a fast little drawing to spice things up 

monolith.thumb.jpg.02258c93f4770eb6f585e

Edited by Bayalay
missed a bit of text :)

This is a great idea, sort of like the pit of fire/water from Black and White and it's really interesting because it adds more depth to progression. 

I agree - I think something like this would add a lot of depth to the game, and in itself opens up a lot of other avenues, such as worship/religion etc.

Love the idea of it evolving as your planet evolves... or maybe you could get alternatives to build as your planet evolves, that way "old" monoliths would remains, much as they do in our world, which would add more historical character to the planet

Awesome idea. But will it just be cosmetic, or could it possibly give benefits/perks, or be of any use to the player?

Hello Ryancup123.

To start with I was thinking this could be part of the research, under religion, on the research tree. If your nuggets do not do the research they will never know what the Monolith means and they will just ignore it and the warnings it can give.

Once your monolith is initially researched it will serve you as a god almost as much as it will serve them. I was imaging it changing in real time in response to how your planet is fairing and how much faith your nuggets have in you.

I was thinking of a buff and de-buff system to go with this. If the Monolith is smooth and shiny then the nuggets will be happy. If it is cracking then they will be a little disheartened therefore more god intervention will be needed to lift their spirits and to make them perform even everyday tasks at full speed. I was also thinking that some nuggets may try and "fix" the monolith  (by fixing the problems in their world) drawing them away from "more important" tasks.

A very cracked monolith will cause them to become very sad and a lot more of your nuggets will be drawn away from food production and resource gathering etc. trying to fix their planet, they are then walking a very fine line between fixing the planet and survival as a species.

To that end if the Monolith is broken, crumbling or fallen to the ground there is no buff or penalty for this as your nuggets, along with your beloved planet, will already be broken beyond repair, as is your Monolith. 

How about the monolith is used to uplift other civilizations to serve yours 

To Bayalay

It`s great idea mate, how to represent GOD and nuggets connection. 

find an old Universim concept that look like this, though you might enjoy it !

47c2bb689eb6d180174e95bcd173deb9.jpg

find an old Universim concept that look like this, though you might enjoy it !

47c2bb689eb6d180174e95bcd173deb9.jpg

Where did you find this? It does look like an awesome idea. Especially as a way to find hidden research from a "dead" civilization or leave something for another civilization you meet in space stage. 

it's really old you can find some more just by searching "universim concept art" on Google, i think they come from some kickstarter stuff but i'm not really sure of that...

I really like this idea, truthfully. Although it may be better as an optional research item under religion. Researching the monolith could provide a high-risk, high-reward system whereby you gain powerful global buffs based on the overall health and prosperity of your planet, or powerful debuffs for the opposite. But for those who don't want these buffs/debuffs weighing in with their planet management, or for those who want to operate "behind the scenes", this should be made optional. A really cool idea though, well thought out.

Amazing idea, might be a bit hard to implement though.