Please Register To See More Content! 

Bayalay

This may draw you in...Mission Lab #6

Hello to you all, god and goddesses. 

Today I bring you an idea, an idea of a planet. A magnetic planet with a twist. 

So let me start off with, this planet is NOT your friend.

Your discovery of this planet will begin not by landing on it but more, getting dragged down to a surface of twisted mountains of metal, lakes of oil and a ground of steel. 
Mountains of metal you say? Lakes of oil? My goodness! It's a dream world for harvesting! Well now little Timmy, hold your horses! Let me show you why this is not a gentle walk in the woods.

This part is for your nuggets

Dragged down to a crash landing  your ship is now in ruins and you will need to get building. Fast. As there are no trees you will need to develop a way to create oxygen perhaps an oxygen machine, you will also need to build  somewhere for your nuggets to sleep and get out of their space suites. 

Your ship can be stripped down for the materials to build your first key structures but after that your on your own. Those dream lakes of oil? They will be needed to power your buildings. Those mountains of metal will be needed to build all of your nuggets buildings. 

Now at the start I said it's a magnetic planet with a twist, well here is the twist. Annually there will be what we call The Crunch. The Crunch is a global event that, if you are not prepared for, will hurt your people and set you back a great deal. The Crunch event is where the planet sends out a ''pulse''  an electronic shock wave of sorts. Increasing the magnetic properties of the planet for a short time and pulling any floating metal space debris to the planet and if '' You are not Prepared!!!'' (Sorry!) This will cause chaos as hunks of metal falls from the sky dealing damage to all of your buildings, destroying some and injuring nuggets caught in the way. To counter this you must build structures strong enough to withstand the debris and eventually a counter pulse to negate the effects of this event. Feed  the counter pulse machine with oil when the time comes and all buildings within the field of influence will be saved from All effects. 

This part is for your A.I race

(Oxygen: ...0.00%.  Detection of life: .... Negative.  Magnetic field: ....Danger!  Danger! Danger!).... Beep boop.... Beep boop.... Beep boop....

As your A.I race you don't need to worry about Oxygen or food but, for energy you WILL need generators and they need (You guessed it!') oil and LOTS of it . You will need charging stations and that one last thing, your factory to build more of your A.I race.  As a robotic race the The Crunch will not just be pulling metal from the orbit but it will slow your robots down and if they are not in top form, will crush them into the planet. 

Now for the silver lining of this planet. The mountains will have a rare materials and this planet will come with some useful  and unique research opportunities which I will add at a later date in another post.

Until next time! 

Edited by Bayalay
Added to title

hmmm... Oil wont be in any kind of need after industrial era... Plus to form oil you firstly have to have loads of plants berried under ground as it is a natural process for oil to form... Basically it is not possible to ever find coal (sub-product of wood) or oil (sub-product of organic plants) in a planet that has not had any life in it.

A bit of the negative mind, I know, but...

If we talk about the colonization of the planets, so it is already done in StarTreck series, there they introduced the idea, that first Earth colonists left for other planets with ships, those been designed out so they will be converted into buildings after landing as there was no technology yet for having enough fuel to fly back to Earth. Just like 100 years space travel idea to the nearest hopefully habitable planet with no turning back.  

Ah but you haven't considered the main part of my idea, that the planet has a magnetic pulse. The oil doesn't have to be natural, it can be a run off from the previously crash landed ships and space debris. In all honesty it doesn't have to be oil, at this present game design the resource bar only shows wood, oil, stone and metal, so unless the designers of this game are willing to create an evolving resource bar that changes with each planet then we're stuck with a choice of the basic four. Now if we posit that oil stands for all types of energy resource then technically we could be talking anything from kinetic energy all the way to nuclear waste from the wrecks.

that`s why it has be some kind of energy bar in later ages, like producing/require on planetary scale and separate town/kingdom/nation/whatever wise as it could be the thing to fight for between those.

To be completely honest I do not really think much of the other planets as long as there is no clear view how the nuggets will even progress through the main planet development stages...

Bayalay, you needed to post IN the Lab topic, not start a new one. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

If you want, post in the lab topic with a synopsis of your idea and then link to this thread.

Nice idea but instead of oil, how about you gain energy from using generators that are powered by oil salvaged from past spaceships that crash landed. The oil would drive a motor that would spin a large cylinder of the magnetic metal inside another cylinder of the same metal. The interaction would create a current and thus energy. Voila! That way, the issue of having lakes of oil is solved, you have the challenge of getting oil from ships that are scattered around the planet and can produce energy that works within the realistic parameters of science!

;

1 minute ago, ArronT said:

;

this is my other account that one got there when I bought the coelacanth edition any way this is what I really said:

gravity planet:

these planets were constructed by ancient beings millions of years ago they are pure metal and once every 30 minutes its gravity drops for 1 minutes the cause comes from deep within and you can stop it with a huge drill or equip your stuff with strong magnets to keep them tied to the metal surface . planet dangers:

no water, oil, gravity can drop, no dirt for crops for food and ancient guardians also made from  metal wait one last thing some small trade ships can get pulled out of orbit/space 

1 minute ago, Arron_04 said:

this is my other account that one got there when I bought the coelacanth edition any way this is what I really said:

gravity planet:

these planets were constructed by ancient beings millions of years ago they are pure metal and once every 30 minutes its gravity drops for 1 minutes the cause comes from deep within and you can stop it with a huge drill or equip your stuff with strong magnets to keep them tied to the metal surface . planet dangers:

no water, oil, gravity can drop, no dirt for crops for food and ancient guardians also made from  metal wait one last thing some small trade ships can get pulled out of orbit/space 

I read some more and turns out this isn't the real labs so Ill post it there