Please Register To See More Content! 

socman

Crash on Startup: Windows PC Users

23 posts in this topic

Are you having the game crash on startup and are playing the Windows version (Steam or Standalone)?  If so, post here along with as many details as you can.

Some people have reported success in getting the game to work if it crashes at startup by deleting "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Crytivo Games Inc".  If just that doesnt work, you may need to do this and also uninstall/reinstall game.

Please be careful not to delete other program files AppData.

Also, please post your output.txt for us if you do run into an issue.  see below on how to find that file:

Launcher wouldn't open and patch. Reinstalled the game. Now I get this error:

596e3882a9c1a1a640ee80fd9c0daf48.png

I'm getting a similar issue when launching the game on my PC. It'll launch and take me into the game but it'll crash moments after the "Welcome Creators" dialog box, after I select "Okay." I don't really have much more information than that. I don't get an error message or anything like that. I have ran the compatibility manager on my computer, and I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I also run it as admin. I'm not sure if it has something to do with compatibility or not.   

It's crashing on Crytivo logo for me on Windows 10. No clue what's going on.

IMG_4506.JPG

I also have a crash right on the Crytivo Logo.

This is the Windows log:

Problemsignatur:
  Problemereignisname:    APPCRASH
  Anwendungsname:    The Universim.exe
  Anwendungsversion:    5.4.0.55511
  Anwendungszeitstempel:    5797f2ad
  Fehlermodulname:    ntdll.dll
  Fehlermodulversion:    6.1.7601.23418
  Fehlermodulzeitstempel:    5708a857
  Ausnahmecode:    c0000005
  Ausnahmeoffset:    000000000004d7f6
  Betriebsystemversion:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Gebietsschema-ID:    1031
  Zusatzinformation 1:    00ce
  Zusatzinformation 2:    00ceeef16f7a879c3f508c24fa95f241
  Zusatzinformation 3:    e3f6
  Zusatzinformation 4:    e3f67a255cd9148e07fcf728e6d152e8

I have a Windows 7 x64 system with a Intel Core i750 and a AMD Radeon 5850 installed.

Would be nice if this could be fixed.

Happens with 0.10 and 0.11

Please everyone, let's add everytime the more information you can, give us your spec, crash log and DX Diag !

Thanks everyone for reporting it !

AlexK likes this

Since I updated for the .11 patch, I have only successfully gotten into the game once.  I've had about 20-30 crashes, most at the Crytivo Logo, but also when I first click 'start new life' , and a couple of times during the loading screen (which took about 20 minutes the only time I got the game to start).

I'm on Windows 7, x64 with Intel Pentium CPU B940 @ 2.00GHz   (I don't know much about specs or how to get all of them)

These are a few of the logs for the crashes, which are all basically identical:

Faulting application name: The Universim.exe, version: 5.4.0.55511, time stamp: 0x5797f2ad
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23418, time stamp: 0x5708a857
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000004d7f6
Faulting process id: 0xbf0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2063155ea1dd8
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\The Universim\The Universim.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Faulting application name: The Universim.exe, version: 5.4.0.55511, time stamp: 0x5797f2ad
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23418, time stamp: 0x5708a857
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000004d7f6
Faulting process id: 0x628
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2062bc9c1bda6
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\The Universim\The Universim.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 467c03ca-721f-11e6-af27-b870f47e38f6

The program The Universim.exe version 5.4.0.55511 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
 Process ID: 198c
 Start Time: 01d2058abdf3dcba
 Termination Time: 125
 Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\The Universim\The Universim.exe
 Report Id: 4a526c91-717e-11e6-af27-b870f47e38f6

- <System>
  <Provider Name="Application Error" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>100</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-08-28T20:13:58.000000000Z" />
  <EventRecordID>48175</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer></Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>The Universim.exe</Data>
  <Data>5.3.4.47953</Data>
  <Data>56e20f7e</Data>
  <Data>The Universim.exe</Data>
  <Data>5.3.4.47953</Data>
  <Data>56e20f7e</Data>
  <Data>c0000005</Data>
  <Data>00000000006ee2ab</Data>
  <Data>1604</Data>
  <Data>01d2016535aa3c78</Data>
  <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\The Universim\The Universim.exe</Data>
  <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\The Universim\The Universim.exe</Data>
  <Data>f37f09b3-6d5b-11e6-af27-b870f47e38f6</Data>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Hey, I just bought, downloaded, installed, updated and started the game. But it crashes with an "Oops!" window and says that a crash report folder was created and I should send it to the devs. Where can I do that? Should I upload it right here or somewhere else?

Edit: So after a deinstallation, restart, installation, restart, the game is working now. Should I still upload my folders somewhere as suggested by the Crash Message?

Edited by Rptro
Problem solved

I've got an error message after starting (right after the 'hello'-screen, where you have to press the famous any-key).
Problem was, as far as I can see, that my (freshly installed) Windows could not handle the .mp4-file (the video played right afterwards).
As someone on steam suggested, sorry, don't remember his nickname, installing 'Media Feature Pack' solved the Problem.
(OS: Windows 8.1 N), Crash-Logs mistakely erased.

Just wanted to leave this here, because I found this page while googling first.

Same issue... I jut bought the game to support you but I haven't been able to pass the loading screen/logo

Log attached.

#Regenerated version info file
version = 0_0_12_2710060800_8660
url = http://edge.theuniversim.com/updates/
game = The Universim.exe

crash.dmp

error.log

output_log.txt

On 11/6/2016 at 2:01 PM, DeLastOne said:

Same issue... I jut bought the game to support you but I haven't been able to pass the loading screen/logo

Log attached.

#Regenerated version info file
version = 0_0_12_2710060800_8660
url = http://edge.theuniversim.com/updates/
game = The Universim.exe

crash.dmp

error.log

output_log.txt

have you tried reinstalling the game?

The game also cashes on startup for me.

I get to "Press Any Key to continue", and after clicking I hear a short sound sample (I assume it's the logo screen) screen stays black and I get the message box asking me to submit the crashfiles.

I'm using Windows 10 with a 3 monitor setup. Main screen is set to 144Hz in case that helps. Tried reinstalling and running with admin rights.

I'll attach the files to the post. If you need more information please ask. I'm a developer myself and know people never send enough information if they report errors at all ^^

error.log

output_log.txt

crash.dmp

On 12/28/2016 at 3:19 PM, Sigitta said:

The game also cashes on startup for me.

I get to "Press Any Key to continue", and after clicking I hear a short sound sample (I assume it's the logo screen) screen stays black and I get the message box asking me to submit the crashfiles.

I'm using Windows 10 with a 3 monitor setup. Main screen is set to 144Hz in case that helps. Tried reinstalling and running with admin rights.

I'll attach the files to the post. If you need more information please ask. I'm a developer myself and know people never send enough information if they report errors at all ^^

error.log

output_log.txt

crash.dmp

Lots of changes (behind the scene things) coming with the next patch, so lets see when that comes if your problem is resolved.

I experienced the same problems using the desktop shortcut. 

No problems starting the game via windows menu.

3 hours ago, Stonie said:

I experienced the same problems using the desktop shortcut. 

No problems starting the game via windows menu.

hopefully this should be fixed with the next patch :)

I just got the game today, downloaded it installed it and updated it went to play it and screen went to black, removed it reinstalled and same thing, any suggestions 

8 hours ago, Scrapman said:

I just got the game today, downloaded it installed it and updated it went to play it and screen went to black, removed it reinstalled and same thing, any suggestions 

are you running windows 10 or 8 by chance ? 

Nether vista, I know it's old i have to upgrade but It still runs every thing fine even the demo mother earth

39 minutes ago, Scrapman said:

Nether vista, I know it's old i have to upgrade but It still runs every thing fine even the demo mother earth

from what i have seen you'r the first person to have a problem with the game on vista as i don't think meany people have it right now. @socman any clue about crashes on vista ?

I bet I'm the only one running vista, I know get with the times :lol:,  but I can run programs like world of tanks on high graphics settings with no problems. As of any problems with Vista I haven't noticed any thing on my rig, Universim doesn't want to work after the press any key screen 

29 minutes ago, Scrapman said:

I bet I'm the only one running vista, I know get with the times :lol:,  but I can run programs like world of tanks on high graphics settings with no problems. As of any problems with Vista I haven't noticed any thing on my rig, Universim doesn't want to work after the press any key screen 

most people seem to be having this problem with 10 and 8 but vista all new ball game :P the windows 10 and 8 should be fixed with the new patch witch might fix the vista problem as well but socman should see i have tagged him in the post and reply :) sorry you are having this problem with the game 

Just downloaded the game, installed, updated, launched and crashed.

Attached are the contents of the folder "2017-01-14_210042" that was created from the crash. You will also find my dxdiag.txt

This occurred the first time I launched, but on the second time, the game did not crash.

Alpha Version 0.0.12.8660 Cheesecake

crash.dmp

error.log

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt