Please Register To See More Content! 

Kasper Olesen

First impressions

33 posts in this topic

First impressions

First time I ran the game it crashed, but second time I had no problem. Building buildings, assigned people to buildings and all that all worked fine in the beginning. I like the controls and the graphics. Later in the game a building stopped being built and other errors happened.

Would be nice for the speed key to have an "on/off" option, to make it easier and faster to test the game. Right now it seems you have to keep pressing + to speed up the game. Otherwise I like what I am seeing. I have reported the bugs I have found, but I was able to build all buildings you can in the game so far.

ellochingon, Aquarius, AlexK and 1 other like this

Yeah I agree with your speed key idea, I am on Mac and It doesn't even let me us the + key to speed up, it might have said how to speed with a different key but I have not seen anything.

CiaraS46 and AlexK like this

Hey @Kasper Olesen thank you for your feedback. We're adding Speed Button to UI so you'll no longer have to hold it. We are also going through optimization and clean up, which should help us fight bugs and increase performance dramatically. Thank you for your support!

Sounds awesome :) I will try the game again after a few more updates. I really love the idea and am hoping to make something a bit similar myself. Like RTS games where the focus is on strategy and AI does most of everything else, to see if it would make RTS more possible on phone and tablets.

This one seems very ambitious, I really hope to see it get to the point where it becomes a game fighting aliens, colonizing new planets and such.

On 11/21/2016 at 7:59 AM, YoungSilverJesus said:

Yeah I agree with your speed key idea, I am on Mac and It doesn't even let me us the + key to speed up, it might have said how to speed with a different key but I have not seen anything.

On my pc, the plus sign didn't work but the plus sign on the 9 digit key pad worked. does your mac have that? you could try that

I used the numpad + key as well, but depending on whether its a laptop, that key might be a problem. Unless you can use the numpad by pressing an FN key or something.

On 11/21/2016 at 1:32 PM, AlexK said:

Hey @Kasper Olesen thank you for your feedback. We're adding Speed Button to UI so you'll no longer have to hold it. We are also going through optimization and clean up, which should help us fight bugs and increase performance dramatically. Thank you for your support!

That's such great news!  Holding down the plus key to speed time is kind of annoying at times.  Would be nice to choose between a couple speeds!  I just started playing and only have 3-4 hours in to it but I love what I'm seeing so far!  Thank you.

On 21/11/2016 at 9:28 PM, Kasper Olesen said:

This one seems very ambitious, I really hope to see it get to the point where it becomes a game fighting aliens, colonizing new planets and such.

I like the idea of this, and would love the game to develop this way, but I don't know how viable that would be without detracting from the essence of the game which is a God game/ creator sim.  I would like to see this mechanic in the game, just wouldn't want it to change the game half way through from creator game to RTS

14 minutes ago, TyberiusThrax said:

I like the idea of this, and would love the game to develop this way, but I don't know how viable that would be without detracting from the essence of the game which is a God game/ creator sim.  I would like to see this mechanic in the game, just wouldn't want it to change the game half way through from creator game to RTS

Change the game? Its the concept of the game. Did you watch the trailer?

2 hours ago, Kasper Olesen said:

Change the game? Its the concept of the game. Did you watch the trailer?

Yes, I watched the trailer, I know what the game is about, I just didn't want the basic mechanic of the game to change into an all out RTS, which isn't what the game is about.  Elements of this being involved are good, I agree with you on that, but I don't think that the idea is for the game to then become an all out RTS, but to continue where you influence your nuggets decisions, rather than send them to war.  Although, come to think of it, that could be quite fun too

Chaosdrone likes this

10 minutes ago, TyberiusThrax said:

Yes, I watched the trailer, I know what the game is about, I just didn't want the basic mechanic of the game to change into an all out RTS, which isn't what the game is about.  Elements of this being involved are good, I agree with you on that, but I don't think that the idea is for the game to then become an all out RTS, but to continue where you influence your nuggets decisions, rather than send them to war.  Although, come to think of it, that could be quite fun too

nuggets will do there own thing you'r there to help them not control them like tyberius said it's not what the game is about :) 

TyberiusThrax likes this

i'm in the middle of recreating the maya's..i planted down the waterwheel and a reservoir and a well and yet the nuggets are extremely thirsty despite there being more water coming in then going out, next i got the farm and fishery and eatery and the nuggets still get extremely hungry despite the farm having 3 nuggets active and 3 plots full of food and the fishery having a nugget out fishing..i got a stunning total of 13 nuggets and it stays around that number all due to the fact that they actually ''breed like rabbits'' while the auto-breed is on.

now i do like the game and the way it is set up a lot but the problem in my perspective tho: once the farm goes up they immediately forget how to feed themselves (forage or stuff their mouth with grass and leaves for all i care) and when there's a waterwheel and well present they forget how to drink..seeing as most buildings take time to be build it would not hurt the nuggets to have some sort of common sense and since i cant control them in the way of ''please drink from that river for now you little *****PIEP!@!'' i can only sit here and watch the graveyard fill with nuggets not older then 34 to 40 years old.

and here i get to read about a way to increase the speed for filling up the graveyard..nice.

Just a quick question @mammoth2005, but when you start building, are you putting down the foundations straight away or building one building at a time?  Only asking because I have the same problem if I place the foundations of a lot of  buildings at the start, but if I build one building at a time, i can get a large village going of over 50 nuggets.  Just a though, maybe someone on the forum has had the same problem and can help you further

i did 1 building at a time, i am always looking at what i can and cant do so in this case it is wood, stone and nugget amount, if i don't have enough for a certain structure i don't build it until i do..that said if it was the fact that the nuggets stop eating and drinking because everything is placed down and was still under construction then i would figure someone made a grave mistake in their thinking.

in my case however they just forget how to do the things they have been doing before the production type building was made, then forgot how to eat and drink all together..they know they are thirsty but they cant find that well in the middle of town, they know that they are hungry but they have trouble finding that fully grown plot inside the farm (apart from the farmers who do harvest but tend to forget that they harvested food and thus don't eat either) or find that big building called fishery down by the lake close to the eatery which does provide fish but the building just gets full of food but noone picks it up.

fact stays at the moment: they lack the thought routine of any normal entity which tries to survive ''i'm thirsty..where's that well?..ah its in the middle of the town i should drink from there'' ''i'm hungry..hmm i can go to the farm then to the fishery and maybe to the eatery depending if i like my food prepped or raw'' <---thats logic and me as a god can only watch them and can worry about the growth and resources and who does what without the worry of why arent they eating? why arent they drinking? 

if it was the speed at which i plant down a building for them to build then i'm sorry..next time i'll leave them nagging from the start about being thirsty (with an entire lake in front of them and them being already modern people look at drinking from the lake in disgust) and build 1 building an hour...<--not a good idea?

am i clear in this message or should i rephrase and explain in even more detail on the shortcomings of the nugget population intelligence?

and no i'm not angry, i always am like this..half sarcastic and half happy.

10 hours ago, TyberiusThrax said:

Just a quick question @mammoth2005, but when you start building, are you putting down the foundations straight away or building one building at a time?  Only asking because I have the same problem if I place the foundations of a lot of  buildings at the start, but if I build one building at a time, i can get a large village going of over 50 nuggets.  Just a though, maybe someone on the forum has had the same problem and can help you further

I have been able to do this too. When I first start the game, after putting the epicenter down, I get one pump, one reservoir and one fish pier. Then I like to sit back a little and just watch what they do for a few minutes. @mammoth2005 Once my population gets around 10 or 15 I turn off the automate, this way they don't waste too much resources. I then let them just do their own thing for a few more minutes before turning back on the automate and placing an eatery followed by a farm. By this time the population is usually at 20-25 at which time I would turn the automate back off, once again allowing them to do their own thing. I keep doing this and by the time I have all available buildings down I would have 45-55 population. I hope that helps.

ok...now i know that english is not my normal language (mine is dutch) but how come you guys only pickup from my text that i might have some trouble with having a low nugget population while that was not my main problem at all? 

ok let me try in dutch because maybe it's that language barrier and ''me not so good englsih'':

de nuggets hebben geen normale zin in overleven ze willen allemaal omkomen van de honger en dorst, het gebruik van een waterput en van een boerderij/eterijvisserij geeft hun momenteel de impulse van ''wat is eten ook al weer? en wat is drinken? waarvoor is die waterput en waarvoor die boerderij/eterij/visserij?'' op het moment dat die gebouwen er staan.

@mammoth2005 so are you asking more about why the nuggets don't go eat or drink when there is storage? I also have wondered this and think this may be a bug that could be fixed in the next update.

Chaosdrone likes this

as unicycle_gaming said it's a bug and should be out by next patch as the AI has had a re work 

Unicycle_Gaming likes this

On 5/1/2017 at 3:56 PM, TyberiusThrax said:

Yes, as Chaos pointed out, it will be the Nuggets fighting them and you helping them. The Nuggets being your people though, I see that as fighting the aliens. Their losses are your losses after all.

I am all for the idea of the game not being RTS in the sense that you manage units, decide where to attack and such. In another sense though, this would be an actual RTS, since the strategic part of a war is the resource management, building the base and maybe you decide what offensive units you help the Nuggets get.

Does not stop it from being a very big goal though. Its like Empire Earth but with self controlling units, all in 3D but also with a space age where you colonize new planets and alien races. But the whole RTS by proxy kind of idea is one I have been pondering myself. Making a game where you focus on strategy instead of tactics and all the units just following your orders. Also because it seems like it would be a solution as to how to make such games work on mobile platforms. The game I am planning would probably give a bit more control over the actual units though, not direct control, but it would focus on what their orders are before moving out, what to equip them with, what kinds of groups of units and such.

I have a question when it will be the relase of the next upgrade . I mean the upgrade of Promethius 

On 05/01/2017 at 10:36 PM, mammoth2005 said:

in my case however they just forget how to do the things they have been doing before the production type building was made, then forgot how to eat and drink all together..they know they are thirsty but they cant find that well in the middle of town, they know that they are hungry but they have trouble finding that fully grown plot inside the farm (apart from the farmers who do harvest but tend to forget that they harvested food and thus don't eat either) or find that big building called fishery down by the lake close to the eatery which does provide fish but the building just gets full of food but noone picks it up.

Stupid question (but I'm always in favour of asking them), but do you find that your nuggets stop doing anything when this glitch happens and do they start to die off?  It's probably a glitch which will be fixed in the next update as @Unicycle_Gaming and @Chaosdrone have already stated, but I haven't witnessed this glitch myself, so I can't really comment as to why the problem seems to occur.  Sorry that I couldn't be of anymore help @mammoth2005 and I know you were being sarcastic, but your English is a hell of a lot better than my Dutch, in fact, it's perfect :-)

3 minutes ago, TyberiusThrax said:

Stupid question (but I'm always in favour of asking them), but do you find that your nuggets stop doing anything when this glitch happens and do they start to die off?  It's probably a glitch which will be fixed in the next update as @Unicycle_Gaming and @Chaosdrone have already stated, but I haven't witnessed this glitch myself, so I can't really comment as to why the problem seems to occur.  Sorry that I couldn't be of anymore help @mammoth2005 and I know you were being sarcastic, but your English is a hell of a lot better than my Dutch, in fact, it's perfect :-)

People seem to be having problems with the game not running right with windows 10 and myself get this bug I'm running windows 7 also if you place to meany buildings for the nuggets to build they will stop and just stand around and die, some bugs happen at random times like not eating a drinking some people have manged to get really far in to the years of the game then it crashing but had no bugs, but that being said the next patch has re worked the AI and engine of the game hence why there has been no patch of recent

if you what to know more go to this link :)

I am pretty sure that when I got the bug that made my Nuggets stop working, I was building a whole lot of buildings at once. It just seemed like I had done it before in the same game, but this time I also had a lot of buildings before I started building these new buildings. I will probably give this game a go again soon and I will try to see if I can figure out when it is it happens.

1 hour ago, Kasper Olesen said:

I am pretty sure that when I got the bug that made my Nuggets stop working, I was building a whole lot of buildings at once. It just seemed like I had done it before in the same game, but this time I also had a lot of buildings before I started building these new buildings. I will probably give this game a go again soon and I will try to see if I can figure out when it is it happens.

When the new patch it out there will be a hole new world for you to play about in :)

6 hours ago, TyberiusThrax said:

they just stop eating and drinking, they still work and build but don't eat or drink, and apparently i had that random bug 2 times in a row..either i'm unlucky or the game was trying to tell me that it wanted a maya civilization, have not been able to do much this week on my pc apart from taxes etc.

(also i'm a bit busy with my work hence my late response, so i'll keep restarting and see if i can get one going without the ''eating and drinking is bad'' bug)

Stronkie likes this