Please Register To See More Content! 

Sign in to follow this  
Aaluka

Mac Install

Aaluka   
0/10
Mac Install

I run the launcher and paste my copied key into the box, as soon as i click activate the box closes and nothing happens. 

Any ideas???

NByrd   
0/10

My guess would be go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy

At the bottom it'll say allow apps downloaded from, change that to all. You will have to unlock the setting so you can change it, which means you will have to have an admin username and password. Blank passwords will just result in the lock being instantly relocked...

This is a total guess that might be the issue. What OS are you running?

Aaluka   
0/10

Thanks for the reply. I already have the setting to that. I can run the launcher just when my key is typed in the launcher just closes. I'm running the most up to date OSX Seirra

socman   
312/500

pinging @Greendq who may be able to help.

Greendq   
46/50

This is known issue with Sierra, I still can not find this bug.

However, there is a workaround: 

1) Run terminal window and go to the directory you downloaded laucher. I assume it was in your Downloads.
2) Them go to ~/Downloads/The Universim Launcher.app/Contents/MacOS
3) Run "The Universim Launcher" executable: ./The\ Universim\ Launcher - note the slashes as name contain spaces.

You should be able to enter your key and download the game. After it downloaded you can run the game without trick with terminal.

I hope I`ll fix this before v13 will be released.

Crocuta   
0/10

@Greendq could you please give us the exact lines to enter the terminal (if the launcher app is inside the downloads folder)? Unfortunately and fortunatelyI never had to use the terminal before so i got no idea how to navigate inside there...

Thanks in advance

Greendq   
46/50
17 hours ago, Crocuta said:

@Greendq could you please give us the exact lines to enter the terminal (if the launcher app is inside the downloads folder)? Unfortunately and fortunatelyI never had to use the terminal before so i got no idea how to navigate inside there...

Thanks in advance

I assume you know how to run terminal (otherwise you can search for "terminal" in finder). Run it and you will be inside the terminal (command line window).

then enter:

cd ~/Downloads/The Universim\ Launcher.app/Contents/MacOS

(note the backslashes "\" before spaces, you can enter beginning of the name and then hit "tab" - it will autocomplete the name, if you will press more than one - it will offer next match).

then enter

./The\ Universim\ Launcher - note the slashes as name contain spaces and the point in the beginning (point mean you want to execute from this directory).

You should be able to enter your key and download the game. After it downloaded you can run the game without trick with terminal.

I really hope we will fix it for v13.

Let me know it it worked for you.

cbp76   
0/10

Hi, I've just bought on Mac running latest OS and same happens to me....launcher runs, pop the code in and it disappears

I've followed your instructions above and the paths don't seem to work for me

cbp76   
0/10

how weird! Tried it today and seems to work! launched it from my desktop

Crocuta   
0/10

@Greendq

thanks for the help, i get behind it better, i just seem to have a tiny problem... 1. i got no idea what the curly line means "~", how to type it (damn windows keyboard with a mac combo) or maybe what to substitute it with?!? and if i just copy/paste the command including the curly line it tells me the directory doesn't exist...i think i need it as idiotproof as possible.

I am really sorry for all the trouble buts its like having to learn a completely new alphabet and language that is so not like your language but looks slightly like you native tongue...

Greendq   
46/50

~ (tilda) means current user home directory, it is an alias for (as example) /Users/UserName/ - system "understands" what it mean.

If you copied launcher in the directory mentioned in my post - copy/paste should work. 

Anyway we are working on official launcher which will be distributed via Mac App store and should NOT have security problems.

One of our developers discovered that if you will copy uncompressed application bundle from Downloads to your Desktop and allow it in Gatekeeper - it works without tricks. But you should uncompress it first and then copy.

French Ghost   
0/10

I had the same issues and copying the uncompressed app worked like a champ! Thanks!