Please Register To See More Content! 

feffo

There is something wrong

There is something wrong

I know you guys are putting a lot of effort into it, i only fear you are putting it in the wrong places.
One example of this is seeing on one hand a super duper interconnected world, with temperature, seasons, wind, weather forecasting, ecosystem, complex AI and a lot of cool stuff, and on the other hand the rest of the game, which aim is basically to build enough water pumps.

Or the fact that many buildings are coming soon, and different eras are planned, but right now it is possible to easily survive forever with the few building tested (why should i even care about the others then?)
Or the fact that there are going to be many god powers, but they are not vital to the game and you can easily play without using them.

It is like there is a gap between the complexity of the structure of the game, and the actual super easy gameplay. it looks like a wonderful painting: enjoyable to look at, but with nothing to do with it.

I know it is only an alpha, and that i should take it more like a showing of potentials rather than an actual game, but you wanted to know my first impression, and this is it

I kind of agree with this post. But I have seen also buildings dissapear and reappear again from the building menu.. I think they should stop focussing on the stoneage.. and get busy on the next age.. I would really like to see where this game could go too.. But as I fear.. they focuss on stonage alone.. which is sad.. I WANT TO FLY MY SPACESHIP :)

But keep of the faith guys.. The DEVS are only doing their best

It's alpha.  I'm impressed that the major elements are in place, and interact with each other without crashing.  I don't expect a particularly entertaining game at this stage, let alone one that's so pretty. I expect it will become challenging soon.

I think the most important distinction this post makes is that you are able to play without your god powers, which means this is a management game, not a god game.   Kind of leaves disappointed as it was portrayed as a god game, not another SimCity game.

Guys these features are not in the game yet. They will be. The game is in a Pre-Alpha stage. I think we should be happy just to have something to play.

Stone age is the core of the game and needs to be perfected so they can have a base to build on for the future ages!B)

Maybe i expressed myself in a bad way: I´m not complaining about the fact that there is no gameplay, i am expressing my concerns about the fact that some aspects of the game are extremely detailed and seems to be the main focus of the developers even if they are merely aesthetic features or not-core-game-mechanic, while others seems to be "less important" even if they concern gameplay.

i am a huge lover of AI, simulation, and stuff like that, but please not forget this is a game, and the gameplay and how to keep the player entertained should be the main focus always. cause no matter how the project is innovative, complex or good looking: if it is boring, too easy, or there is simply not so much to do, nobody will enjoy it.

hope this wont be the case btw :)

OK, so it's Pre-Alpha, meaning it's not even ready to be called a game yet. What we have right now, is a system in place that allows us to test and provide feedback on some of the core systems for the Devs; many, many things are missing or not balanced yet, I'm sure; it's more about seeing what's glaringly missing and that everything works.... things like seasonal changes, AI logic, (broken ATM I have a builder who didnt go get food while waiting for resourses to build something so starved to death) and they all work together and don't crash.

This is Pretty Clearly stated in the introduction letter you click on when you first start the game.

There are PLENTY of systems that i am certain are not included yet; Research trees (pretty sure water pumps will not be released for the stone age at inception in the final release)? Heat / Clothing for nuggets (currently they survive winter... nearly naked.) Hunting will add resources, (Logical guess) - meat/food, bone for crafting, skins for clothes/blankets (warm hut in winter). Think of it more as a Testing area for the Promethius Ecosystem the devs are using to build the base game from. There are elements added quickly now for some interactivity too keep your interest so that you can run it to make sure everything is stable.

Now be fair, Crytivo are only just over a month late

universim-release-roadmap.jpg

from their original release date. 

They're doing jolly well to be in alpha, and end of February is very nearly beginning of December.