Please Register To See More Content! 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sargasso

Children of the Corn

7 posts in this topic

Children of the Corn

Really frustrating!

I finally found a way to get my civilisation through the first winters. Basically I race to build a fishery and build at least two farms and a hospital in the first winter. Hospitals dont need medics I found. Just make the patient the doctor and the little nugget will heal itself.

But every time I reach about 90 to 100 years into my civilisation all my nuggets just stop. They stand still until they starve. Even if i gently slam them into the ground at the other side of the camp they just walk back from where they came from and continue their prayers in a catatonic state. Really frustrating!

How far in did you guys get? Do you get past 100 years? Have you been able to build and operate all different buildings possible?

Salut!

get to between 50-80 years then they all die

i tried going really slowly, so not doing research as soon as I could, and that enabled me to keep the population smaller, so food demands were more easily met from foraging, but eventually, buildings fell down as the engineers became singularly useless at their jobs, or the nuggets froze :-(

Haha, yeah, the current state of the game leads to playing / circumventing the bugs and inbalances. I also tried slowing down the population growth. By carefully selecting the research, by continuesly building things before nuggets have the chance to start building huts or by flinging nuggets into space. Once the population reaches 35 I get random hick ups in the game were it freezes completely for a couple of seconds without any CPU activity. (feels like a process being restarted).

So my current challenge is to build and operate every building before the AI breaks down and with a population smaller then 40.

it brakes after a hour playing for me,  everyone stands still and die 

AceOfSpadez likes this

I have this problem to, I get to a certain point and doing good but then a few of the nuggets will just stand there or twitch in place, while the others who are still working properly will work themselves to death. Even if there is no other buildings needing to be built, a few nuggets will just continue to work to death and mate to death even though says they are hungry, thirsty or both and even injured. So between standing/twitching in place or just ignoring themselves and working to death is a problem unless there is a way to fix it all, but before all of that the nuggets work properly

Seems like this issue is still going on.  I can't seems to get past the 3rd or 4th winter before the nuggets start getting stuck in whatever task they were doing and starve themselves to death.  I've also had the dead reappear where they died no matter how many times I move their corpse.

This bug or feature has been a part of the game since I started playing, so it's been there since build 10 or probably before that. I've always suspected a memory leak as the culprit as it seems like it always happens when your population is 35+ with a lot going on at one time. Whatever it is, I hope it gets fixed one day.